Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day One?

The first post of a new blog is always kind of awkward. I have had a total of maybe 3 new blogs in my lifetime, but I can't ever remember them being easy. This is the first blog I have ever had that actually has some sort of purpose, but its still hard to begin.

This blog is really just to chronicle the events of the first few years of me and Justin's marriage. I probably should have started a real blog when we first bought our house and moved in together almost a year ago, but whats done is done. It  would have been nice to be able to read through the pages of that journal and look back on it. Its crazy how easily the little things are forgotten.

Tomorrow is the start so to speak of preparing for the start of a second child. Its the preconception doctors appointment! Its a completely new experience for all of us. Avah was a surprise for me so the whole preparing thing is a completely new side of a pregnancy for me along with everything else that goes along with choosing to have a child with someone I love. Justin has never been around babies before, let alone a pregnancy, so its totally new for him. Avah is the youngest in the family right now so she has never been around them either. Shes been begging for a sibling for as long as I can remember, though, so this will be a very exciting experience for all of us.

I have a lot more to write about, but I think I'll save that for another post. Bye for now!

5 comments:

lauren ♥ said...

oh chanelle, how exciting! i read your comment on danielle's blog about the baby things you loved, and it made me happy to read that you are trying for another baby soon. i am a little jealous. i am really baby hungry right now! i hope you get pregnant soon! <3

chanelle said...

Aren't you and Danny planning on having another one? I'm baby hungry too...even though I know we are going to be having one soon its still not the same of being already pregnant, you know? We are going to start trying in two weeks (ish). Cross your fingers for us!!

lauren ♥ said...

yes, we want to sooner than later. but we have no health insurance, and it cost us close to $13,000 to have malcolm!! yikes!! so we have to figure something out before we can try <3

Anonymous said...

Practice makes perfect...just some advice. You should totally rock this Justin guys world asap.

chanelle said...

Justin, you are a nerd.