Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update

I haven't been blogging a whole lot lately but I should be! Some things that have occurred since my last post:

1.) Our baby shower. We got SO much stuff and are now fully prepared for the baby with the exception of a few odds and ends we probably wont buy til after hes here. We have all the big ticket items, like a travel system, pack n play, high chair, breast pump, glider, crib, dresser, etc. My concern (until the shower) was all of the little things we needed and our friends and family totally came through. We love you guys. It was also SO great to have my sisters (Ericka and Mitra) and my step mom fly in from Utah, and my mom come home for the weekend. I realized that night after we were all relaxing that I did not take even one photo...so, so sad. =(

2.) My big sister's 30th birthday yesterday!! Happy birthday Ericka!!!

3.) I am off of work now until the baby is 12 weeks old. Woo hoo!!

4.) Avah has been doing excellent in school this week. Next week is spring break and I have no idea how I am going to fill the time for her. It makes me incredibly sad to think she is 6 years old and this is the very first time she will be home all week for spring break. None the less, I'd like to make it a fun one for her, although I am unable to actually move around a whole lot, doctors orders. I'm sure I will be able to come up with some ideas, though!

5.) The nursery is ALMOST completed. I still need to paint and hang the letters for his name (which I haven't posted on this blog and wont until he is born), buy the vinyl tree decal for the wall behind the crib, buy and hang a shelf,  move the rug and glider from the garage and into the room, buy an end table for next to the glider, hang the pictures Avah painted, and replace the closet doors. Sounds like a LOT, but its really only about 30 minutes of work (besides the closet doors).

I SWEAR I will post pictures soon. Possibly later today.

No comments: