Saturday, July 17, 2010

Avah's New Room

When we first moved in to our house (last August) I painted Avah's room a Pepto Bismal pink and put purple polka dot decals up, per her request. Her room is pretty big with 12 foot walls and vaulted ceilings so the pink was pretty overwhelming. It radiated pink into the hall and you almost needed sunglasses to go inside. I kept trying to make it comfortable but nothing I did seemed to help. Then it dawned on me; The pink was the problem. So I asked Avah how she would feel about changing it thinking she would flip out and that would be the end of that, but she was fine with it. As the days went on she got really excited so last week I began the three day process. This is how it turned out:









We are still waiting for some more decals, some wooden letters that are pink and yellow that spell her name and a new ceiling fan to come via Amazon. Over all I am really happy with how it turned out. I got this new edging tool call Shurline and it made the edging so insanely easy. I didn't use ANY tape for the main color because of it and it took me all of 20 minutes to do the edging for the baseboards and the ceiling. Getting up and down the ladder took more time than the actual painting did. It is well worth the $3 or $4 I paid for it.

Now when we go into Avah's room it is so nice and relaxing. I swear she is calmer now and sleeps better too. Its still really girly and cute though.

Oh, and don't mind the mess. I was way to lazy to clean up before I took the pictures!

No comments: