Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Big O

We are in the process of waiting for The Big O...ovulation. I am using OPKs (Ovulation Prediction Kits) that will tell us that ovulation is about to occur anywhere from 12-36 hours before I do. Since we are using the Shettles Method for a boy that is pretty much the only time we will try to conceive. Its a really, really small window so hopefully my grandma's (on both sides) ridiculously fertile genes were passed on to me. My grandma on my mom's side had 5 kids in 5 years and my grandma on my dad's side was much the same. To be honest, I have no idea how many kids she had. I have never met any of my uncles or my aunt but I know that there are lots of boys and only one girl. My mom's side of the family had three boys and two girls. I guess we will have to wait and see.

We are going to Alpine, Arizona on Friday after work for a little bit of rest and relaxation for our birthdays. My grandma (Avah's great-grandma) is going to take her and it will be the first time in years that Avah has been away from me for more than one night. Avah is excited because my grandma has a Wii and she hardly ever gets to play it at our house. She knows she can convince my grandma to do whatever she wants. Every time she goes to anyones house she begs to watch tv and/or play video games because shes lucky if she gets 20 minutes a day at home. Usually its nothing at all. I'm hoping I can relax without worrying or missing Avah too much. I know shes in good hands with my grandma but still...I'm a mom!

I'll be back after the weekend (probably on my birthday!) to post pictures and stuff.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Lana! I don't have any other way to get a hold of you so I figure I'll just post it here. Ha.

2 comments:

xmommy-corex said...

aww happy birthday to you too lady friend! Enjoy your little trip. I know its tough to be away...we went to Rome/London in May and it had been the first time we had ever been away from the kids for more than a night...they were in great hands...and i missed them like crazy but they had a blast!!!

Good luck with the O....I am cheering for you...xoxxo

chanelle said...

Oh wow thats very romantic! I want to go to Europe some day but there are still so many places I want to see that are closer. I guess we will just work our way out. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I want to see some updated pics of Damien and Addison! I dont go on facebook so I havent seen a pic of them in forever!