Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Brezza!!

As I've said before, Hunter hasnt started solids and wont for a few more weeks. At my baby shower I was given a Baby Brezza, which is a one step baby food maker from my dad and stepmom. Over the weekend I decided that I would start making some baby food to see just how easy it is and to start stocking up. All I have to say is O.M.G. I freaking love this machine. With Avah, I had to steam the veggie, transfer to a food processor, and then end up with a very large quantity of the same veggie. Either that or I had to do a million small batches and wash all of the stupid little food processor, steamer basket, and pots over and over again. No thank you. The Baby Brezza, on the other hand, is genius. I made sweet potatoes first. I peeled the potato, chopped it up, and threw it in. I hit a button, and twenty minutes later we had preservative free, fresh as can be baby food. It steams and purees all on its own. It makes about 2 cups of puree, which is the perfect amount to stock up on a food item without it being way too much.



The amazing Baby Brezza

We pour it into glorified ice cube trays (3/4 ounce for each cube) and then freeze. Once its frozen, we pop em out and stick them in ziplocs. Amaaazing. Once he gets to be eating combinations of foods he can have a little sweet potato here, a little bit of peas there, instead of having a whole jar of one barely recognizable vegetable. I love that he will get variety.


I could go on, but I wont. This little gadget is a gem.

No comments: