Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4 weeks, 4 days

Today I am 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Most people don't even know they are pregnant yet but since we were trying I was peeing on sticks every day until it came up positive using the most sensitive pregnancy tests out there. According to my What To Expect app the baby is the size of an orange seed and still looks a lot like, well, nothing.




As for me, I am really tired all of the time. I am also really, really hungry and am retaining water like no ones business. I was even worried I was already starting to show but then I realized I was just really bloated. I really hope that part goes away soon. This morning I had my first bout of nausea which is a very ominous sign of things to come. I didn't get morning sickness with Avah until 8 weeks and I had it bad.



Justin and I are trying to figure out when to tell our family. It seems strange we have told our friends and not our family, but its very different. We are definitely going to keep it from my family at least until after my sister's wedding on September 4th. I had the idea of announcing it at our wedding rehearsal dinner which will be just the people in the wedding party and our parents, but Justin thinks emotions will already be high and that will send it over the top. I think it would be nice, but I could be wrong.



I will start posting every week on Saturdays and will start to include belly pictures. Our first doctor's appointment is on September 9th and I will make sure I come straight home and post the ultrasound pictures! So exciting!

No comments: