Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh, to be five again

Avah has this incredibly cute habit of randomly saying the funniest things. She is one of those kids that are constantly thinking so a lot of the things she says are out of the blue. Lately, one of her favorite topics are me having a baby. For example, the other day we were sitting on the couch right after we got home. I had just pulled the laptop onto my lap and this is how our conversation went:

Avah - "Mommy? Its ok if you have a baby and it sleeps in my room. Ill even feed it so you dont have to wake up."

Me - (trying not to laugh) "Honey, you wouldnt have to get up with the baby and feed it. You need your sleep. Besides, you can't feed it. The baby drinks milk out of Mommy."

Avah - (completely perplexed and trying to decide if I'm full of crap or not) "How?"

Me - "Out of my boobs."

Avah - (long pause) "Thats nasty!"

Another similar conversation after the first one went something like this:

Avah - "Mommy, you can still have the baby sleep in my room. Its ok. I won't even wake up."

Me - "Yes you will. Babies are very loud."

Avah - "That's ok. Maybe you could just give me a little hug and I'll go back to sleep."

I love how excited she is to have a sibling, but I think its hilarious that shes trying to convince me by saying she will take care of it. Shes making the exact same argument kids do when they want a puppy or a kitty.We aren't really telling her we are actively trying because its SUCH a long process and we don't want her to get to antsy or discouraged. Not only that, I am trying to avoid the questions that come along with telling a kid you are trying to get pregnant! Ha!

No comments: