Saturday, August 14, 2010

Avah's First Day of Kindergarten!

My dad came into town the night before Avah's first day of school which resulted in a looong night. For some reason my alarm didn't go off so we ended up waking up a good 45 minutes later than I would have liked. I woke Avah up and got her to breakfast as quickly as possible.


I took several other pictures that were cuter but they all came out blurry because I was rushing around like a mad man.  Avah got dressed and I braided her hair and we were ready! I had to drive the one block to her school because she would have ended up being late if we had walked!





When we got to school she was so excited she was practically running ahead of us.



Any nervousness she had completely went away once we got to the area the kids are dropped off at. She saw the playground and forgot that it was scary to go to Kindergarten. Here the teacher is explaining to her that if she leaves her backpack there to hold her place in line she can go play on the playground until the bell rings. I think those are my sunglasses that got in the way...it was an impromptu photo.



After this conversation Avah took off running towards the playground without a hug or a glance back. I called her back and made her take one more picture.



She gave me a big hug and kiss after that (albeit a very, very distracted hug and kiss) and that was that. No tears, no nothing, all thanks to a couple of swings and a slide.

I cant believe my little one is in elementary! Its insane!!

No comments: