Wednesday, November 17, 2010

50 million things

One of the things about me that I think REALLY bother Justin (secretly) is my inability to ever completely finish one project before moving on to the next. Honestly a photo montage would probably be best to truly show the extent of my problem, but I'm at work right now so thats not gonna happen. Instead, I'm just going to make a list of the projects that I have started but are not complete.

1.) The cabinets in the downstairs bathroom. The doors have been removed and have been sitting on my back porch for a good 6 months now. They've been sanded but not yet primed or painted. Classy!

2.) The countertop in my hallway upstairs. Its been primed and painted, but is still waiting to be polyurthethaned to protect the surface. Still, it looks good.

3.) The 30 (yes, thirty) boxes in my living room from Amazon that have yet to be opened. Justin and I went on a crazy Amazon kick trying to get Christmas shopping done asap. Now I have a million boxes and no where to put them for the time being. They all have to be opened and wrapped immediately because many are for Avah. I am putting it off because I hate wrapping.

4.) The rejects from the old guest room that are also in my living room. Ok, ok. My living room looks like a junk pile. Literally. We have a box spring, a desk, a tv (unplugged and on the floor), a fan, and a few other things that are going to Goodwill. This is partly Justin's fault since he is the one with the truck and the manpower but I havent decided what can go and what will stay.

5.) The baby's room. Its been primed. Mostly. As soon as the baby's room is painted (by me with the windows open and low VOC paint) then I can start to stash the Christmas gifts away in the closet. See the pattern here?

6.) Several sewing projects. I havent actually used a sewing machine since I was in 8th grade Home Ec but I decided I wanted to make a whole bunch of crap and went to the fabric store and bought fabric. Then I headed over to my mom's and borrowed her super crappy 25 year old sewing machine that I wouldnt mind throwing out the window. The bobbin system blows. I can;t get more than like 3 stitches done before it jams. Needless to say, I miiight be buying a new sewing machine soon. Don't tell Justin. =)

All of this stuff could be busted out and done within like 3 days of just working on it. Problem is, I dont have 3 days. Avah has soccer on Saturdays, I'm in school full time so much of my evenings after mom duty are spent doing homework, and our family has a tendancy of making us do at least one thing on the weekends which means I have no days to just throw on work clothes and tackle them down. Oh well! I love my projects.

No comments: